Frequently Asked Questions
Errors & Omissions
- I see a mistake, what should I do?
- Please email us at the address on the Contact page.
- Why is the same person listed more than once under different names?
- Historically, entries to IUAA competitions have been submitted by the captains. If a captain entered "John Smith" one year and "Jon Smith" the next, we have no way of knowing whether this is the same person. By default, we assume that they are different people.
- Why are some results credited to a date range instead of a specific day?
- This happens when we do not have a record of the timetable of a multi-day event. We don't know which race took place on which day, so we just assign each result to a date range.
- How many rows are there in the database?
- How have you converted from imperial to metric measurements?
- Results are shown in their original units. Where conversion is necessary, we have assumed 1 inch = 2.54 cm.
- How are multi-events points calculated?
- Multi-events points are calculated according to IAAF rules. Details are available on the Multi-Events page.